Doing what’s right is at the core of how we run our business.
Our physician-scientist founders Len Schleifer and George Yancopoulos built Regeneron with the dream of harnessing the power of science to improve human life. Now, with seven FDA-approved medicines and more than 8,100 employees, Regeneron continues to tap into our company’s collective expertise, technology and resources to make the world a better place.
When the COVID-19 health crisis emerged earlier this year, we responded swiftly, drawing on our suite of proprietary technologies and unique experience tackling infectious diseases such as Ebola. I am inspired every day to see colleagues across Regeneron working tirelessly to address these public health emergencies.
Importantly, we recognize there is always more that we can do, and we are dedicated to raising the bar for corporate responsibility in the biotech industry.
Today, we’re introducing 2025 global responsibility goals that will help to further our efforts, measure our impact and share our progress both inside and outside the company.
These 12 goals span three key areas:
Improve the lives of people with serious diseases
- Use the power of science to discover and advance important new medicines while continuing to make substantial investments into R&D.
- Identify genetic insights that will support the discovery and advancement to tomorrow’s medicines through our Regeneron Genetics Center?.
- Set fair, value-based prices for our medicines and break down barriers to patients access.
- Support organizations that offer disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment for people touched by serious diseases.
Foster a culture of integrity and excellence
- Cultivate a leading employee experience that is rooted in our unique science-driven culture.
- Increase representation of qualified diverse individuals in leadership and foster inclusion across our organization.
- Be vigilant in ensuring integrity remains at the core of how we operate.
- Implement continuous improvements to uphold our high-quality, safe and reliable product supply.
- Make Regeneron the safest part of people’s day by focusing on prevention in our drive towards zero incidents.
Build sustainable communities
- Achieve our environmental targets to help protect and restore the planet.
- Foster the next generation of scientific innovators by providing STEM experiences to 2.5 million students.
- Drive employee volunteer levels above national standards.
The goals were approved by our Board of Directors and developed by a global, cross-functional leadership team with input from important voices outside the company, including patient advocacy groups and healthcare nonprofits. We also reviewed guidance from international corporate responsibility frameworks, such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB).
These global responsibility goals will be challenging to achieve, but attainable through Regeneron’s signature combination of innovation and collaboration.
We are thankful to our colleagues across the company whose efforts carried us this far on our responsibility journey. As Len and George stated to our global team: We are excited to build on what so many of you have started.
We are committed to being transparent, sharing our progress and holding ourselves accountable.?To learn more about our efforts, please read our 2019 Responsibility Report and visit regeneron.com/responsibility.